Northern Nevada Legal Aid (NNLA) is seeking a Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish) Intake Specialist for its Victim Advocacy and Consumer & Housing Units. NNLA is a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides experienced and diverse legal services to protect the essential needs of northern Nevadans. We are committed to providing legal empowerment for our community. NNLA offers a 35, 37.5, or 40-hour work week, best in class benefits package, and generous paid time off (PTO) policy along with flexibility to maintain a positive work-life balance.
The Bilingual Intake Specialist position has a high volume of activity and requires excellent interpersonal skills to interact with the public. NNLA will train the right candidate for the position, but the ideal candidate must already know the fundamentals of working in an office: phone etiquette, customer service, copying, filing, emailing, and computer literacy. Strong attendance record and consistent punctuality are expected.
Job duties will include the following:
- Answer phone calls and intake emails and assess purpose of the call/email and handle accordingly
- Process client intake requests
- Assess clients for program eligibility
- Meet with clients in person and communicate with clients via both email and phone
- Enter client data into database
- Translate documents and interpret, as needed
- Cover front desk, as needed
- Attend community outreach events
- Other duties assigned, as needed
Additional preferred qualities:
- Meets expectations on attendance and punctuality.
- Understands the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community.
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude.
- Be able to take initiative and work independently, as well as be a part of a great team of caring individuals providing an invaluable service.
- Loves challenges and dislikes being bored.
The salary is up to $19 an hour depending on experience and qualifications. NNLA’s Benefits Package pays 100% of the Employee Medical (two plans to choose from), Dental, Vision, and Life plans along with paying for 75% of dependent’s benefits premium. The PTO accrual program starts accruing immediately to earn approximately 5 weeks of PTO a year (increase in PTO accrual after two years) to help promote excellent work-life balance. NNLA has a 401(k) matching program, an Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, supplemental benefits, and of course the opportunity to gain valuable experience and support legal empowerment for our neighbors. If you are looking for a workplace that values your contributions and helps the community as well as gives you flexibility to have a great work-life balance then NNLA may be the place for you!
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Heidi Meek at email@example.com. Applications accepted until the position is filled.