Northern Nevada Legal Aid (NNLA) is seeking a Pro Bono & Communications Manager. We are a nonprofit, public interest law firm that provides experienced and diverse legal services to protect the essential needs of Northern Nevadans. We are committed to legal empowerment for our community. NNLA offers a 35 hour work week, best in class benefits package, and generous paid time off (PTO) policy along with flexibility to maintain a positive work-life balance.
The Pro Bono and Communications Manager matches low-income clients with volunteer attorneys and manages Northern Nevada Legal Aid’s internal and external communications efforts. This position will recruit and cultivate attorney volunteers, place pro-bono cases, and provide support to volunteers and interns. The position also handles the administrative tasks of running the program. In addition, this position will also evaluate, develop, and refine a communications/marketing strategy designed to support the pro bono program, community outreach, development efforts, and organizational goals.
- Ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor;
- Patience, initiative, creativity and the ability to maximize the use of existing resources;
- Have outstanding organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail;
- Must be an outgoing person, comfortable with public speaking and orchestrating events;
- Experience in sales, marketing, adult education, community organizing, or other experience that demonstrates an ability to advocate persuasively and spur others into action for the program’s mission;
- Should be familiar with the practice of law, interviewing clients, how local courts operate, but need not be an attorney;
- Enjoys coaching and assisting attorneys who are providing pro bono service;
- Understands the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community;
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude;
- Be able to work independently, as well as be a part of a great team of caring individuals providing an invaluable service;
- Loves challenges and dislikes being bored.
Pro Bono Program Duties:
- Recruits private attorneys to participate in the pro bono program;
- Organizes training of and for pro bono attorneys;
- Places cases with pro bono attorneys from the NNLA waiting list, maximizing volunteer efforts within our community;
- Coordinates the support and mentorship of pro bono attorneys within the NNLA staff;
- Coordinates casework and client communications;
- Assists with legal clinics;
- Organize CLE opportunities for pro bono providers based on NNLA current casework;
- Manages a recognition program to celebrate pro bono efforts.
- Ability to manage data related to pro bono program and provide data and outcomes for grant and other reporting
Volunteer Coordination Duties
- Recruiting volunteers/interns from local institutions of higher learning;
- Training and supervising interns and community volunteers.
- Develops and implements organization marketing plan;
- Manage Marketing Campaigns (ensuring integration with development and consistency across platforms) which includes coordination of advertising, events, digital and traditional communications;
- Manage the NNLA brand and style guide and ensure brand is protected, consistent, and recognized;
- Develop and manage internal and external communications by producing high-quality copy, letters, editorial content, and written pieces;
- Represent NNLA at community meetings, outreach events, and participates in relevant coalitions/committees;
- Identify, organize, staff, and coordinate professional NNLA presentation and representation for outreach when necessary for community tabling events;
- Maintain relationships with media, write and distribute media advisories, and coordinate media interviews throughout agency;
- Analytics and reporting for integrated marketing campaigns, ad campaigns and digital marketing efforts;
- NNLA Website administration;
- Social Media management: strategic development, implementation and management of all NNLA social media platforms;
- Collaborates with community-based organizations and influencers to identify opportunities for partnership.
The salary is up to $65,000 a year depending on experience and qualifications. NNLA Benefits Package pays 100% of the Employee Medical (2 plans to choose from), Dental, Vision, and Life plans along with paying for 75% of dependent’s benefits premium. The PTO accrual program starts accruing immediately to earn over 5 weeks of PTO a year (increase in PTO accrual after 2 years) to help promote excellent work-life balance. NNLA has a 401(k) matching program, an Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, supplemental benefits, and of course the opportunity to gain valuable experience and support legal empowerment for our neighbors. If you are looking for a workplace that values your contributions and helps the community as well as gives you flexibility to have a great work-life balance then NNLA may be the place for you!
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Heidi Meek at email@example.com. Applications accepted until the position is filled.